Saturday, July 19, 2014

Libby, MT

Lake, bridge, and smoky skies
Lake Koocanusa
 I woke to gusting winds this morning and knew right away it was going to be a long, hard slog if I were to reach Libby, Montana today. Sharp inclines, steep drops, strong headwinds, these were my companions on today's ride.  Leaving Rexford without breakfast and no towns until reaching Libby, Montana, I had to rely on freeze dried meals and trail mix. Bicycling along Lake Koocanusa offered stunning scenery and smoke-filled skies.  Fires in Washington state have filled the area with smoke.
From Libby, it's on to Clark Fork and ultimately Sandpoint, Idaho.  I hope to get an early start tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Steve,.. Looks like you're back in the saddle making good time... Glad to see that!!! Made my rendezvous with my brother and his wife yesterday morning and spent a relaxing day in and around CoureDaline.. They had to leave early so I am exploring Spokane killing time until my train leaves at 10:00 p.m. Thank you again for welcoming me to your fantastic journey. It was a pleasure and privilege to spend the last two weeks with you. Please be safe out there especially in the fire areas. May the winds be at your back. God Speed!

    ReplyDelete