Wednesday, July 16, 2014

St. Mary, MT, layover

Laying in my hammock in Glacier waiting for my wheel
My wheel came in about 2:00 PM this afternoon. Renée Peterson, bless her soul, actually delivered it to my campsite. Installation went along pretty well and it seems to be working perfectly. After a bite to eat, I will see if I can start my grind over the pass. Do not want to get caught on the top, so I will have to plan accordingly. When storms blow in, which they often do, lightning can be a hazard.  I will see how things go after getting a bite to eat.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed meeting you today. Your intrepid, compassionate spirit will lead you home. Best wishes on writing your memoir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Speer-
    Hope you are enjoying your trip! I have been reading your blog daily to check in and learn more about your adventures. It sounds like it's been an amazing trip so far! Good luck with the remainder of your journey. I can't wait to read more about it!
    Trina Cruz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Trina, it's good to have my old exercise buddy following the bug.

      Delete
  3. Love reading your adventures Alicia and I are doing our lighthouse trip and loving every minute of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! You made it to Sprague Creek Campground for a well deserved rest. When I need a Rocky Mountain fix I love going to the webcam at Apgar of Lake McDonald and those majestic mountains. Stick a toe in the lake for me. I remember it as being very COLD. Hope the weather holds for you. Safe travels. Connie A

    ReplyDelete