Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16



April 14, 2014. Great day for traveling, cool and I rode for better than 50+ miles this day.  I stayed in a remote campsite this night that was right along the Potomac River.  It rained cats and dogs all night long and I woke up to pouring rain as well. I packed up in the rain in the morning and rode 22 miles into Cumberland, Maryland. It was a brutal ride.  Along the way I saw deer turkey, snakes (one in the middle of the road) and tons of turtles, singing birds and beautiful landscape.  I was the only fool on the trail because it was cold, wet, windy, muddy, and brutal!  Never did it feels so great to arrive at a bed-and-breakfast!.  It was called Hotel on Decatur, imagine that, but it looked like nirvana to me.  After a hot bath, hot coffee, great food, clean clothes, and warmth it felt like I was human again. It took me hours to get warm.



Kevin, Jason, Aiko
Cumberland Trail Connection... Fixed my bike and got me going.
Cumberland is a bike friendly town with bike lockers that you can store your bike, good bike lanes, and very courteous people. A real pleasure being here for my day of rest.

                                               

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of you when looking at the weather."Big Water" shouldn't be falling from above. Good Luck with the upcoming hills.

    ReplyDelete