Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hello Iowa


The wind was a challenge at times but all in all it was a good day and I bicycled about 50 miles compared to the 55 I did yesterday. I crossed the  Mississippi River into Iowa this afternoon. I just barely beat a line of storms that came through shortly thereafter. There were tornado warnings, lighting, thunder and a lot of rain.  Left knee bothering me a bit...seems like fighting the wind aggravates it and it seems to be the weak point in my body at this juncture...weak link??? whole body is really a weak link!  The Mississippi River was high, had flooded over onto the plains, and a lot of trees were in the water.  Looks like I'll be heading north for quite a while now before I start my westward trek once again.  Trip is going well, scenery is very pretty, and tonight I'm in a motel in Muscatine, Iowa, that has a hot tub and that is a real treat!
Bridge across Mississippi River at Muscatine, Iowa

3 comments:

  1. Traveller looks great! Nice and shiny new! If you need a new knee when you're all done, i know a guy... Haha. Love you!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you beat the storm. It was great to talk to you yesterday. Hope the wind is kinder to you today. Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're making good progress again. We were glad to hear that you sprung for a hotel to wait out the storm.
    Enjoy heading north for a while - hopefully the prevailing winds are less frequent.
    Check this map out: http://hint.fm/wind/

    ReplyDelete